This page was last updated on October 19, 2017. List of expected events related to Sailfish OS (+ X / RUS / IND / CHI). If you find something missing under any topic, please contact us. If you find the info useful and up to date, please share:
Expected in a month
- Sailfish OS 2.1.3.x Kymijoki (Software update)
- Sailfish OS 18.104.22.168 is already available for Sony XperiaX since October 11, 2017. Version for Jolla branded devices is expected, as the community was invited to translate its components, but the release date is not yet announced.
- Sailfish OS Beta for willing Early Adopters (instead of pre-installed Android) is expected to be available in three stores in South America for Jala Accione phone models. More here
- Sailfish China (planned Software distribution)
- Announced on April, implementation phase to be finalized on September. No news have bween shared during September or October, so the project is either being kept secret or is currently late
- Jolla Tablet refunds: Updated here
Software updates and new features
- Sailfish X (Jolla, Finland) for Sony Xperia X single SIM (model F5121)
- Latest public: Sailfish X 22.214.171.124 released on October 11, 2017
- Upcoming: Unknown
- Sailfish OS (Jolla, Finland) for Jolla Phone, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet
- Latest public: Sailfish OS 126.96.36.199 Kiiminkijoki, released starting on October 9, 2017
- Upcoming: Sailfish OS 2.1.3.x Kymijoki will fix Blueborn vulnerability among other CVE's, improve Bluetooth and have longer buffers on audio playback.
- Sailfish OS RUS (OMP, Russia) for Inoi R7
- Latest public: Sailfish OS RUS 188.8.131.52 Jämsänjoki, released on June 20, 2017
- Latest Early Access: Sailfish OS RUS 184.108.40.206 Jämsänjoki, released on July 28, 2017
- This operating system is based on Sailfish OS core by Jolla, Finland. It differs from the original by missing support for running Android applications, missing xt9 text prediction, and by a different boot screen. This OS has been audited by Russian officials, and has been listed as the only mobile operating system in Russia's governmental list of supported software.
- Sailfish OS India (Intex, India) for Intex Aqua Fish
- Latest public: Sailfish OS IND 220.127.116.11, released on September 7, 2016
- This operating system is based on Sailfish OS core by Jolla, Finland. It differs from the original by having additional commercial home screen on the right side of the main home screen. It also supports Android apps by default, a feature which is separately enabled by user in the original Sailfish OS.
- Note: Intex is not releasing another Sailfish OS device for the markets in India. Intex Aqua Fish is no longer available either. It's uknown for how long time Intex will provide software updates for the device owners. However, there is a possibility to hack Intex Aqua Fish to appear as Jolla C which then receives its updates directly via Jolla, Finland. For AquaFishes appearing as Jolla C, see the latest update from above: Sailfish OS (Jolla, Finland).
- Sailfish OS China (licensee and supported devices to be announced)
- This operating system, based on Jolla's Sailfish OS core, reached implementation phase on April 2017 and is expected to be finalized latest in September 2017. Press release (PDF)
- Via this operating system, Jolla targets to offer a national OS for the markets in China. For this project, 250M USD financing is expected from Chinese investors.
- No additional information has been shared during September 2017
- Sailfish OS HADK (Hardware Adaptation Developer Kit)
- Latest public: HADK 2.0.1, published on September 23, 2017
- HADK is a pdf guide of +50 pages, shared by Jolla in a purpose to help the community to port Sailfish OS on Android devives. More: sailfishos.org develop hadk
- Sailfish OS SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Latest public: Version 1709 (supporting Sailfish OS 2.1.2) released on October 16, 2017
- This software is available for Linux 32bit or 64bit, Windows 8 (and above) and for OS X
- The software includes Sailfish OS as a virtual machine for testing Sailfish apps on computer. Note that not all hardware features present on a real device can be tested on a virtual machine.
- More: Sailfish OS SDK Release notes
- Youyota Tablet - Crowdsourced campaign started on July 5, 2017 to produce Sailfish OS powered copy of Jolla Tablet under new brand "Youyota". With slightly better battery capacity and new color red for 64GB model, all other HW being exactly the same, this tablet is pushed for production by community member "Chenliang Chen" and his partner "Michael Du" via Indiegogo.
- The project has reached its financial goal, and tablets are expected to be shipped in the end of November 2017, three months late from the original schedule. Of course, possible delays are quite common in crowdsourced projects, but at least this project is not dependent on any design related issues, hardware and software already being tested earlier.
- The campaigners updated information on the delay on September 22, 2017, available here.
- Lumo video security phone
- 16.5.2017 Oulumo and Jolla announced co-operation to develop next generation video carephone. Find more at blog.jolla.com/oulumo
- Devices- Page lists already available models, past models, officially and unofficially supported models (unofficials limited to the most functional ports) and rumors about other models
- Related to the Indiegogo campaign by Youyota (see above), the perks in the campaign include Youyota branded sleeve, Bluefooth keyboard and a Protection Cover supporting attachment of the keyboard with magnets. These accessories would fit for both Youyota and Jolla Tablet
- Since Jolla is currently purely focused on software, there are no new accessories expected from them for any of the Sailfish OS devices. Community projects and other 3rd party projects are, however, still possible
Events, meetings and happenings
- Please follow Sailfish OS related events at Sailfish OS Community site
- Monthly: Fan meeting in Berlin, Germany organized by SailfishOSBerlin
- Twice a month: Mer community IRC meeting, see TJC
Updated: 2017-10-19 11:11 UTC